Pledges are now available for the ADELAIDE event!
DATE: THURSDAY 24th MAY 2018
TIME: Doors open at 6:00pm, presenting starts at 6:30pm
LOCATION: BENDIGO BANK, 80 Grenfell St, Adelaide SA 5000
(Drinks & canapés provided. To view a map of the location, please click here)
If you would like to attend and support the event, please click on the PLEDGE button and donate the amount of your choice to receive a ticket to the event. Your Pledge purchase is converted to your donation which is 100% tax deductible.
To Empower the Next Generation of Giving
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- 10 volunteer committee members organise a charity event (1 x venue, 3 x charities, 1 x dragons, food & drink).
- Each committee member invites at least 10 of their friends to make a $100 pledge (or more) to attend the event (10x10... get it?) creating a pool of at least $10K.
- Upon arrival, each attendee is given 'Charity Dollars' equal to the value of their ‘Pledge’.
- After drinks and canapes, attendees are seated to watch the #Dragonforgood question the three chosen charities who pitch, to you the audience, their cause, model and impact.
- Each attendee then decides directly who they want to give their ‘Charity Dollars’ to.
- Charities receive 100% of the funds raised minus a 10% project fee to 10x10 to cover admin and overhead costs.
- You will then receive a tax deductible receipt 4-6 weeks from the charity post the event.
Barefoot to Boots
Two former South Sudanese refugees, one of whom represents Australia in soccer, aimed to support some of the millions of people living in refugee camps. What started with providing soccer shirts and boots has expanded to now deliver health, education and gender equality initiatives, including this month sending a shipping container with medical supplies left over at the old RAH.
Guardian Angel Animal Rescue SA Incorporated (GAAR)
Guardian Angel Animal Rescue SA Incorporated (GAAR) is a small rescue in South Australia. Their primary focus is to rescue, rehabilitate, train and rehome companion animals Australia wide. In addition they utilise rescued dogs to transform people’s lives. They assist aboriginal remote communities with animal management as a priority.
Roger Rasheed Sports Foundation
Roger Rasheed Sports Foundation believes that regular sport activities, on-going training and mentoring can not only make a positive difference to children in extreme disadvantaged communities but can potentially make a life-saving impact on their lives. By revitalising forgotten reserves and rusty old equipment or by building an entirely new precinct, our aim is to provide the children of extreme disadvantaged areas access to sport.
Rebecca Morse has been a newsreader for Adelaide’s Ten Eyewitness News since 2006. Prior to joining Ten, she worked for the ABC . She was a finalist in the Walkley Awards in 2004 in the category of Television News Reporting and in 2005 won the gold award for Journalist of the Year at the South Australian Media Awards.
She is a popular and experienced MC, having hosted major events for clients including the Women’s and Children’s Hospital, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Audi, Adelaide Fashion Festival, Business Chicks and Julian Burton Burns Trust.
Rebecca is also a proud Ambassador of the Port Adelaide Football Club and Premier’s Reading Challenge.
How Do I Collect My Pledge?
Your Pledges will be available for collection at the venue on the night of the event. For a $100 pledge, you'll receive two $50 charity vouchers which you can allocate across the charities however you please.
Options for $150 and $250 Pledges are also available.
Receipts will be issued for the full amount of the Pledge price following the event.
Looking for an opportunity to volunteer?
Watch this space!